Gear List for Wagonhound Outfitters
Fall in Wyoming can bring an extreme temperature range. You need to be prepared for hiking in 80+ degree sunshine, laying low in below freezing snow, and the surprise rain shower.
The following is a list of gear that I recommend you bring on your hunt. These are what I consider the essentials so you will most likely have other items you are used to bringing on a hunt.
- Moisture wicking clothing (like Merino wool or polyester blend) that you can layer
- Wool socks
- A good pair of hunting boots and maybe a spare just in case
- Light rain jacket to carry in your pack
- Water/wind resistant jacket for colder conditions
- Warm gloves
- Backpack with a water bladder and enough room for extra layers and gear for a day on the mountain
- Rifle sling
- Waterproof Gaiters
- Orange Vest & / or Orange Hat for Rifle Season
- Comfortable clothes to wear around camp if you like